Saturday 30 November 2013

In search of a smile

My day starts with a conflict where my body and my brain start fighting with each other. My brain shows my body a long list of to do’s for the day while by body retaliates with a plea that yesterday was enough no new job please, the conclusion of fights always go in favour of brain the boss of body. So there starts my day with activities I have already listed in my mind for getting ready for the office so my body started working on its own- brushing teethes, switching on geyser for hot water, shaving, bathing, ironing cloths, wearing them and there I am ready for a new challenge.

On my way to local train station I read a text mentioned on wall of temple “your real earning in the life is the smiles you earn in your life” everyday I move from the same road but I never got chance of reading it. It was not like a regular advertisement text that you read and forget, it just hit a corner of my brain which was asking me reason of my existence from quite some days now. On my whole way I tried analyzing the people whom I make happy but it was very hard so I decided, as it is just a beginning of the day let’s see how much smiles I earn today it will give me idea what kind of person I am.

I reached station and jumped out of autoriskshaw and saw the amount in meter that I have to pay to Autowala, it was some 27 bucks, usually autowalas have this problems where passenger don’t give them exact change and they have to struggle with it. So I counted my exact change gave it to autowala and said thankyou very politely, this was my attempt to earn my very first smile for the day. Autowala gave me a very weird look and drove away. I haven’t received my first smile but its okay he has his own worries where he has to cater maximum number of people, he can’t afford wasting time on giving smile to his all the passenger.

I waited for train on station was watching my co-passengers. I was on mission so  if somebody makes eye contact with me, then I will give him a smile and earn a smile in reply. One man came besides me and stood for train to come. He was in his 50s it was like my dad’s age so by respect I gave him a good morning smile but instead of reply he just stood there making a blank face. As train arrive he pushed me away to climb the train. I missed that train not just because of push i received, it was push received post i gave my good morning smile and now I had to catch next train, I felt it would have happened because passengers are more than the places available on train so everybody see everyone as there competition and expecting smile in such scenario is sin in itself.

I reached my client place, being auditor you have to go to client place and work on site. As I reached I started firing good mornings to all I knew in office, my each good morning was accompanied with a big smile. I got reply from everyone but no smiles in reply, few people replied good morning with “sir the data you requested will be given to you by the day end”. No smiles received, I think they were busy with their jobs as it was early morning hours. Whole day I interacted with many people, few helped me understand process, few discussed with me and few fought with me on certain issues and I wrapped up my bag with no smiles in my kitty.

In my quest for smile I made a phone call to home, when you live away from home to work only thing that pleases you is going back home and seeing your parents but you couldn’t go home everytime you have a bad day so talking to parents and asking for love that you are deprived of is only option. I made a call to mom and she asked me what did I eat today so I cant tell lie to mom so I told her that I skipped meal due to work so my mom scolded me with lots of care in her voice, I also had chat with my father who was giving me advice on how to manage work and meal. I tried making them laugh by cracking bad jokes but they were so worried about me that even in this worry they forget that their child need love and simple smile to make his day. With lots of care, advices and love I switched off phone but my scorecard was still unmoved.
I knew now if I want to score the only person who will be happy getting my phone is my best friend. I called my best friend he picked up the phone and said I will call you letter I am into middle of something and phone ended.

I knew it is a very bad day where I am starving for one smile to me and I am getting advice, care, shouts and many more expressions other than a smile. I was deeply frustrated I began to feel like, I had defeated purpose of my life and even not a single person is happy with me to give me a smile. When you are working hard, you never wish somebody’s bad, you never try to dishearten somebody still you have no smiles to receive.

I was going back to my building deeply frustrated, lot more hungry and in lots of hurry and accidentally pushed a drunkard on the ground. I haven’t done it deliberately but my shoulder just touched him and he fell. I shouted on him you don’t know how to walk, if you can’t digest why do you drink this much and bla bla. I cursed him for crossing my road even people supported me as I was the only party in debate who was on his mind. Guy struggled to stand, he saw he in my eye I gave him a angry look and he said it’s my mistake you please don’t mind and he gave me a smile accepting his mistake.

One minutes did he gave me smile, yes he gave me a smile here comes my first smile for the day from the person whom I hated whom I never wanted to talk to, whom I have scolded a lot and he gave me a SMILE. I felt like I have won something and I hugged that guy and said please take care of yourself we need you in this world to spread smiles. I don’t know how much he understood or people watching me might have felt I have gone insane but I know this guy has given me the thing which I couldn’t earn with lots of effort.

This was how I got my smile I am still in search of smiles so everytime you see me or meet me please give me a smile this is the wealth I want from you.


Thanks for reading god bless you all.

10 comments:

  1. An unexpected smile makes us so happy! Nice post.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ur post..!!!!!Spread smiles :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post brother............:) Keep Spreading smiles.................

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and encouraging . I am borrowing this post from u n posting in my fb page

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete